Kabul: The death toll in the blasts reached 110, the evacuation operation resumed

People boarding the plane from Kabul airport

So far 110 people have been killed and more than 100 injured in the blasts outside Kabul airport. Children, women, Afghan civilians and American soldiers were also among the dead.
The evacuation operation, which was closed for several hours after the attack, has resumed and several planes have taken off from Kabul.
However, many countries including Norway and Spain have stopped evacuating people from here.

ISIS-K claimed responsibility for the attack

On Thursday evening, there were two loud explosions in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan.
The first blast took place near the AB gate of Hamid Karzai International Airport and the second near a hotel located a short distance from the gate.
Let us tell you that these days there is a crowd of people wanting to leave the country near Kabul airport.
The Islamic State Khorasan (ISIS-K) claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it targeted the US and its allies.

Crowd increased again outside the airport

After the attack, crowds have once again increased around Kabul’s Hamid Karzai International Airport.
Thousands of people looking to leave the country have returned to the airport again trying to board the planes.
Locals say that many planes have taken off since Friday morning, but now fewer planes are seen at the airport than before.

Taliban summons more fighters to Kabul

The Taliban have called more fighters to Kabul after Thursday’s attack.
Al Jazeera reports that the Taliban have called thousands of fighters from other provinces to Kabul to strengthen security around the airport.
Let us inform that Kabul airport is currently under the control of American troops, but by August 31, these soldiers will return. After this, the Taliban has approached Turkey for the operation of the airport.

Britain’s campaign to end soon

People boarding the plane from Kabul airport

British Defense Minister Ben Wallace said his evacuation operation from Afghanistan would be completed in a few hours. “It’s sad that we won’t be able to get everyone out there,” he said.
Britain will no longer invite people to the airport and has also closed the Barron Hotel. People being taken to Britain were earlier being stopped here.

These countries stopped the evacuation operation

Before Britain’s announcement, countries like Canada, Spain and Norway had announced the closure of the evacuation operation.
Spain said its evacuation operation would end with the withdrawal of two military planes from Kabul.
At the same time, Norway’s foreign minister announced the end of the evacuation operation, saying that the airport gates were closed after the attack and it would not be possible to bring anyone in.

Biden said – will not spare the attackers

In a strong reaction to the attack in Kabul, US President Joe Biden said that the perpetrators will not be spared.
He said, “We will find those responsible for this attack and they will have to pay the price. We will neither forget nor forgive them. Terrorists cannot stop us from working. We will not stop our mission in Kabul. Will continue to evacuate them safely from Afghanistan.”

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here